Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Where do you want to live?
- Public housing offers apartments located all over Marion County.
- The Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) program allows you to rent from an individual landlord in Marion, Clinton, Washington, or Fayette County.
2. What type of unit would you like to live in?
- Public housing offers apartments only.
- In the Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) you can choose whether to rent a house, apartment or mobile home.
3. Do you want to find your own place to rent?
- In the public housing program you don’t have to find you own place to rent. When a unit becomes available and it is your turn, you will be contacted.
- In the Housing Choice Voucher Program (Section 8) program you will have to find your own place to rent and the unit will have to qualify based upon family size and HUD established Fair Market Rents.
*Use Google Chrome to complete application.