TITLE: Executive Administrative Assistant
REPORTS TO: Executive Director STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly DEPARTMENT: COCC
Primary Function: Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Executive Administrative Assistant provides comprehensive support to the Executive Director and Deputy Director in their job duties. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentially. This position requires substantial independence in carrying out assigned duties and tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor and keep records of utility usage and savings for EPC and Budget/Subsidy preparation. Complete utility surveys to determine utility allowances for Public Housing and HCV.
• Annually review and adjust flat rents using HUDs Fair Market Rents and the utility surveys.
• Maintain fixed asset inventory records.
• Reconcile bank statements including monthly reports and monthly work papers.
• Reconcile cash/clearing accounts (1690.1).
• Make deposits to bank daily or as needed and post to Urlaub.
• Assist in the preparation of documents for the annual audit.
• Assist in the preparation of documents for submission of the Annual Plan.
• Monitor incomplete work order list.
• Administer and reconcile Petty Cash.
• Maintain inventory and replenish all office supplies; assign purchase order numbers.
• Prepare monthly board packets, maintain the official Board Ledger of all meetings and responsible for the preparation and sending of all board mailings. Also, update the website as it relates to board meetings.
• Prepare for Bi-annual RAB meetings, serving as the RAB secretary.
• Under the direction of the Modernization Manager, compile all CFP reports, filings, bid packets, insurance certificates, track all contractor licensing as required, post RFPs to the website and complete Section 3 reports.
• Assist in new vehicle procurement and acquisition.
• Coordinate employee benefit enrollments, deletions, and work with Deputy Director to budget for cost changes
• Cross trained to prepare Accounts Payable in the absence of the Bookkeeper/Clerk (i.e. time-off).
• 2nd in line to collect mail from post office.
• Monitor compliance due dates with HUD.
• Complete HUD password updates and maintain logins for Sam.gov, Grants.gov, DUNS #, etc.
• Strictly adhere to safety policies and procedures to prevent injury and maintain a safe work and living environment.
• Perform other duties as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Proficiency in MS Office Business Suite with an emphasis in Word, Outlook and Excel. Thorough knowledge of the policies, procedures and regulations of the Authority and HUD. Considerable knowledge of the principals and techniques associated with general accounting and financial record keeping, budgeting, laws and regulations applying to accounting operations, and internal auditing procedures. Knowledgeable in regards to purchasing and inventory control procedures. Good supervisory skills. The ability to prepare reports and document files accurately and timely, good organizational skills and the ability to show good judgments in decision making. Ability to comprehend rules, regulations and laws, and communicate ideas clearly and effectively both orally and in writing. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree required with a minimum of 2 years experience or equivalent work experience in administration, preferably with public housing experience, or any combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Normal physical strength to handle routine office materials. Valid driver’s license and insurability required. Drug free workplace, EOE.